By Tyler Sikov, Abby Stoudt, Sonya Acharya
This memorial day at the Pittiful News, we’re remembering gay rights!
- On this day, on the 25th of May, in 1895 (in the olde London time), Oscar Wilde was arrested for doing gay things in public. The 1890s were not a good time to be gay. #BeGayAndDoCrimes
- (Basil to Dorian) “It is quite true that I have worshipped you with far more romance of feeling than a man usually gives to a friend.”
- Then, 118 years later, Ukraine held its first pride parade in Kiev. Coincidence? I think not!
- It was the biggest ever pride parade, too!
- That is it, but like just remember gay rights with us today! : ^)