Wow, great question! We had to contact our expert on car tacos for this one. Since you didn’t provide the specs (number, color, etc.) of your tacos, she just gave us some general guidelines:
- Leaving tacos in your car increases the likelihood that your car will be broken into. The breaker will most likely want to steal your tacos, although they’ll say they were just trying to help you.
- Leaving tacos in your car for a period of 36 hours or less is generally OK. Be aware that your car may grow rather attached to the tacos (in a non-moldy way) during that time, which may make taco removal difficult. If you must leave tacos in your car, place them in a Tupperware of coconut oil to shield your car from their charms. Nonetheless, do not be alarmed if your car learns Spanish, paints itself tomato red, or retains the scent of limes even after taco removal.
- Hard-shell tacos generally do better in cars than soft-shell tacos. Soft-shell tacos, though undoubtedly more delicious, bring more filling and are more sensitive to high-pressure environments such as your car, so they can collapse from strain.
- A note on tacos containing cheese: some tacos contain straight cheese, while others contain gay cheese or other cheeses (often collectively called “homosexuals” in discriminatory circles). If you leave a mixture of tacos in your car, it is vital that the group is well-balanced, i.e. a healthy mixture of straight- and other-cheese tacos. Inequality often leads to unrest among tacos.
- I do not recommend leaving tacos in your car if they contain any meats, fish, eggs, or dairy (other than cheese). Against everyone’s will, they will grow attached to your car in a moldy way.
- Under no circumstances should you leave tacos in your car for more than 36 hours, especially if you intend to eat them afterwards (this action, labelled as repulsive among experts, is known colloquially as “gross”).
Need help with a major life decision? Confused on how best to respond to that risky text? Write to our advice column at https://forms.gle/92Z8tgZvDnrE9go66
We ~might~ be able to ~guide~ you in the ~right~ direction!